DVV International is seeking submissions for its international journal Adult Education and Development, issue 86/2019 on “The good adult educator”. Proposals for articles can be submitted in English, French and Spanish up until 1 April 2019.
“Call for submissions AED 86/2019 - The good adult educator
The next issue of Adult Education and Development is about professionalisation in adult education. Currently we have more questions than answers. What makes a good adult educator? How do we train for that? Should we make adult education a compulsory element of initial teacher training? How to deal with the many teachers who are highly skilled but who have never taken qualifications in teaching? We need your help.
We are looking for contributions along the lines of:
• Theoretical and empirical research perspectives on the profession of adult education, its dilemmas and challenges
• Models of adult educators’ professional development:
- approaches towards training in adult education that influence the qualifications held by professionals in the field, such as digitalisation, ethics and values
- examples of teacher training that creates great teachers (institutions and curriculums)
• Examples of validating adult educators who have many years of experience but no formal qualifications
• Examples of well-functioning professional development programmes for adult educators
• Examples of national adult educator training programmes, funding schemes and financial support
If you are interested in submitting an article or case study paper, we would be happy to receive an abstract (no more than 100 words) describing the main content of your article. Please send it before 1 April 2019 to editor-in-chief Johanni Larjanko at firstname.lastname@example.org and managing editor Ruth Sarrazin at email@example.com."
The call for submissions is available in the three languages mentioned above as a PDF.
The international journal Adult Education and Development is a forum for adult educationists from all over the world. It is published once a year in English, French and Spanish and distributed in over 160 countries. Adult Education and Development is published by DVV International – the Institute for International Cooperation of the German Adult Education Association (Deutscher Volkshochschul-Verband e.V., DVV) – in cooperation with the International Council for Adult Education (ICAE).
More information at www.dvv-international.de/en/adult-education-and-development